In the past, printing from mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets) was difficult or even impossible (especially with BYOD devices, which can pose connectivity and security challenges). This is where mobile print is particularly useful, by providing a secure and easy to use solution that successfully enables mobile devices to be directly used to print documents.
The benefits of mobile print
Mobile print delivers many compelling benefits to an organisation/business, its employees, customers, and guests:
- Boosted productivity - Mobile workers can use it wherever or whenever required when they have suitable internet access.
- Highly intuitive to use – Additional training on how to use mobile printing is not necessary for most people.
- Data is safeguarded - End to end encryption and user authentication ensures data privacy and security is maintained.
- Supports BYOD needs – Mobile print is easy to use and secure from any mobile device (be it owned by the business or the individual).
- Costs control – It is easier to control and monitor print costs or to assign them to specific cost centres.
- Highly flexible – A cloud-based solution is agile and flexible, whilst being cost-effective and fully secure.
Implementing mobile print
There are three key technology methods of deploying and using mobile printing, which are:
- Mobile print app – This enables you to print directly from a smartphone/tablet to a printer. The device and the printer only need to be on the same network, and then the printer is selected in the app and ready to print.
- Mobile printing (via a server solution) – The print job is not sent directly to the printer, but to the print server and from there to a printer (i.e. follow-me printing - that means that you can print and collect the print job at any printer of your choice ). There are two advantages of this method. Firstly, you do not have to find or select a dedicated printer in advance, you simply send it to the print server which then sends the print job to one of the connected printers when required. Secondly, you don't have to be connected to the same network as the printer to achieve this.
- Cloud printing via a mobile device – This works in a similar way to mobile printing via a server, except the server is not installed on-premise at the business/organisation’s facility, but rather documents are sent to a remote cloud server instead.
Guest print takes this approach a step further. Available on mobile printing via a server solution, and cloud printing via a mobile device, guest print enables guests and visitors to print from their mobile devices, while keeping the business’s IT and print infrastructure secure. It is the perfect printing solution for hotels, libraries, educational institutions and indeed anywhere the public share facilities with employees.
Mobile print options from Konica Minolta
It is important to choose the right mobile print options for your organisation/business. Konica Minolta offers a range of mobile print options
to suit every workplace and budget. These include a mobile print app, mobile printing (via a server solution) and cloud printing via a mobile device.
Mobile print app
Konica Minolta Mobile Print
– Konica Minolta’s app enables you to send print jobs and scan documents remotely from a mobile device. Compatible with Android, and iOS devices, and with end-to-end encryption, this free app features a clear and easy to follow interface and enables you to connect and start printing from your chosen MFD right away.
Mobile printing (via a server solution)
Konica Minolta offers several powerful easy to use options for mobile printing via a server:
- Provides effective secure management of print users and costs. Thanks to additional core scanning capabilities (including mobile), Dispatcher Paragon provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use workflow.