Konica Minolta, a leader in industrial and commercial printing solutions, has today announced the global launch of its new AccurioPress C14000 series – its first foray into the high-volume toner printing segment - in a live broadcast to a worldwide audience fromPRINTING Unitedin Dallas, Texas USA.
The AccurioPress C14000 prints at 140 pages per minute (ppm) in A4 and is 40% faster than any other toner-based device from Konica Minolta. A second model in the series, the AccurioPress C12000, provides the same print quality and a similarly fast speed of 120 ppm.
The launch demonstrates Konica Minolta’s mission to support the transformation of its clients’ companies by sector and industry, predicting potential challenges and creating solutions together. The presses will help customers that want to expand and streamline their businesses through advanced automation, fewer human touchpoints and higher productivity with tangible effects leading to increased, high-quality output with less waste.
This new flagship cut-sheet product will maximize customer value based on opportunities for business expansion, accelerated operational efficiency and improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with faster investment return.
Until now, Konica Minolta has not produced a toner-based high production print (HPP) product. Since 2015, its AccurioJet KM-1 inkjet press has been its flagship production model with a speed of 3,000 sheets per hour, designed more for high-quality applications, similar to offset printing. The AccurioPress C6100s series for mid production print (MPP), on the other hand, are designed to support a highly responsive print room environment. The AccurioPress C14000 covers the gap between these two products in the HPP segment, offering a higher print volume and longer duty cycle to reach new commercial print customers within the HPP segment requiring high productivity, efficiency of operations and quality for direct mail, brochures and catalogues.
Konica Minolta’s IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Care enhanced auto inspection options offer expanded inspection performance, verifying print quality and now detecting streaks and spots as well as blemishes. The high-quality prints mean maximum stability even during long run jobs, while better registration and quality increases total print volume. The new presses offer a highly reliable duty cycle of 2.5 million, with double the toner capacity of earlier models.
Konica Minolta recognizes the launch of the AccurioPress C14000 and C12000 as a major opportunity to enter into the high-production print equipment segment. Both the AccurioPress series of printers and the IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Care are designed and offered to the market exclusively by Konica Minolta.
Specific details on the new AccurioPress Series:
- The unique features of the AccurioPress 14000 series make these products ideal for customers looking to increase productivity through efficiencies and speed to grow their business.
- Output speeds of 140 and 120 ppm, plus the high resolution equivalent to 3600x2400 dpi and enhanced media capability up to 450 gsm, combines breathtaking speeds with outstanding image quality and unparalleled media flexibility.
- New duplex banner printing up to 900mm, simplex banner length capability of 1300mm, envelope and embossed media printability gives customers the opportunity to print new types of work, such as four-panel gatefold brochures and book covers for finishing offline.
- To further improve efficiency and output, envelope printing can be accomplished using the standard fuser.
- Finally, new technology used in the print engine dramatically improves image quality on textured paper stocks.
- Paired with Konica Minolta’s enhanced IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Care Unit, the new press automatically and continuously measures and corrects colour so the first print in a run matches the last. Two-dimensional registration correction has also been improved through the higher output resolution.
- The automatic media detection sensor comes standard on these models, detecting the stock and assigning the appropriate tray, eliminating time consuming paper settings and operator error. These attributes result in streamlined operator time, reduced print waste and increased productivity.
- New accessories for the units include the TU-510 Versatile Trimmer Unit, an inline, four-edge trimmer, creaser and perforator that allows full bleed finishing support for banners, booklets, direct mail and a dedicated business card cutting option.
- Additionally, the LS-507 Large Stacker supports higher speed, permits banner bypass and offers operators the advantage of offloading while the machine is still running, another new benefit added to Konica Minolta’s AccurioPress expanded line.
- Convenient color management and job management utilities are available with the Konica Minolta’s proprietary controller.
- A customizable operation screen makes the products extremely easy to operate.
- Other third party controller options include the latest Fiery and Creo models.
About Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe
Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe GmbH, based in Langenhagen, Germany, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Konica Minolta Inc., Tokyo, Japan. Konica Minolta enables its clients to champion the digital era: with its unique imaging expertise and data processing capabilities, Konica Minolta creates relevant solutions for its customers and solves issues faced by society. As a provider of comprehensive IT services, Konica Minolta delivers consultancy and services to optimise business processes with workflow automation. The company further offers its customers solutions and managed services in the field of IT infrastructure and IT security as well as cloud environments. With regard to its office printing solutions, ‘IDC MarketScape: Western Europe Smart Multifunctional Peripheral 2018 Vendor Assessment’ stated that Konica Minolta is ‘recognised globally as a leading smart MFP provider of note’. As a strong partner for the professional printing market, Konica Minolta offers business consulting, state-of-the-art technology and software and has established itself as the production printing market leader for more than a decade in Europe, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa (InfoSource). In the healthcare sector, Konica Minolta drives digitalisation of clinical workflows and offers a broad range of next-level diagnostic solutions. Its Business Innovation Centre in London and four R & D laboratories in Europe enable Konica Minolta to bring innovation forward by collaborating with its customers as well as academic, industrial and entrepreneurial partners. For its solutions that combine ‘smart service with smart technology’, Konica Minolta was awarded the prestigious ‘Buyers Lab PaceSetter Award for Outstanding Serviceability 2018/2019’ from Keypoint Intelligence. Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe is represented by subsidiaries and distributors in more than 80 countries in Europe, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. With almost 10,300 employees (as of April 2019), Konica Minolta Europe earned net sales of over EUR 2.39 billion in financial year 2018/19.
For more information, please visit http://newsroom.konicaminolta.eu/ and follow Konica Minolta on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter @KonicaMinoltaEU.
Terms and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.