Documents that you scan and convert with an OCR solution can be:
- Easily read and searched; and their data can be accessed and used by business systems
- Automatically named and filed in the correct folder in your cloud storage or other solution
- Automatically routed to the right person, team, business system or work process to help speed up the handling of time-sensitive items like invoices, delivery notes, and requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Seamlessly integrated into your existing enterprise content management (ECM), enterprise resource planning (ERP) or other business systems to enhance downstream processes
What does a digitised, automated mailroom process look like?
Among the many use cases for OCR software, digitising and automating the incoming mail process can make a real difference to your organisation’s efficiency. It can also help to ensure that people working remotely or on the go have quick and easy access to their incoming mail items.
If you already have Konica Minolta multifunctional printers (MFPs), then you already have scanner capability. You just need to add intelligent software, such as our Dispatcher Phoenix
or Document Navigator
solutions, to capture, process and distribute all your incoming documents — both physical and digital — in a harmonised way.
Incoming paper documents
When paper-based mail arrives, your mailroom staff simply open it, sort it by employee, and insert employee-specific barcode separation slips. They then start the scanning process, during which the documents are:
• Captured digitally with OCR text recognition
• Automatically stamped as received (if required)
• Automatically classified
• Forwarded as PDF files by email to the relevant recipients
Recipients are notified that new mail items have arrived, and can access them on any device, in any location.
For incoming emails, Dispatcher Phoenix or Document Navigator takes over and automates the forwarding process. The software looks for predefined keywords (such as enquiry, order or delivery reminder) and uses postcode recognition to automatically route the incoming email to the appropriate person, team or regional office. If required, the software can additionally stamp digital documents as received.