Konica Minolta Europe has today announced an exclusive agreement in Europe to sell and service the MOTIONCUTTER Digital High-Speed LaserSystem. The award-winning sheetfed laser die cutting machine will provide more high value personalisation and embellishment products to increase profitability for commercial print customers.
MOTIONCUTTER is produced by themediahouse® GmbH, located in Mühlacker near Stuttgart, Germany. Highly versatile, it has a small footprint and is easy to operate. Target applications are any free form shaped products such as direct mails, greeting cards, short-run packaging or stickers and labels.
Digital embellishment is a key growth driver in the production and industrial printing markets, providing a profitable way for print service providers, commercial and in-house printers to set themselves apart from the competition and higher the margins.
Konica Minolta partner MGI, which has recently extended its cooperation with the technology giant, will also be actively involved to bring further added value for customers. All creative solutions will open up new post-press opportunities for commercial and industrial printers, especially for Konica Minolta’s AccurioJet KM-1e and MGI customers.
Key features of MOTIONCUTTER include:
- Cutting, kiss cutting, (micro)perforate, crease, engrave and personalize with all of these functions in one pass for each sheet
- Delivered through a pile feeder, the sheets are placed on to a patented belt system where a laser head processes the sheets in three run modes – continuous, start and stop, or static for heavy or 3-dimensional objects
- One of the widest substrate thickness ranges on the market - from 54 gsm up to 150mm substrate height
- A format size from A4 up to a maximum of 585x1.000mm, with a net cutting area of 512mm or 580mm wide and up to 4.000mm in length
- Availability of two models – Motioncutter 20 and now a newly release Motioncutter 23
- Own developed intuitive User Interface allows productive operation even to unskilled staff
- Automatic Mode to run fully barcode driven with connectivity to workflow systems to receive jobs and send reportings in real time
- Automated job and substrate change on every sheet without machine stop
- Optional stripping unit to enable waste to be separated so ready-made products can be delivered to a shingling belt
- Winning two industry accolades – one from Druck & Medien and the other from the European Digital Press association (EDP).